Sunday, October 30, 2011

I've spouted this idea

to my Carla and Anna before, but I feel that this is a rare occasion in which the entire world deserves to know what I bestowed upon them. And that's gonna require me to use the words "Republicans" and "Hippies" in very generalized ways...so don't be all "UM NUH UH" if you are one of these and you disagree. Because in that case, you're just...not my point. And if you're not my point, no one really wants to hear what you have to say at all. So anyway, keep it to yourself. Well...

Unless you're so outraged that it forces you to leave a...comment...

Actually I think I should avoid encouraging hate comments on my posts but that's just what being desperate does for a person I guess. Anyway, back to what I was going to talk about.

Okay, so I will admit that all the information I get about the world comes from either The Daily Show, Time Magazine, or Mr. Sante's class (my contemporary world issues teacher). Or papa, like when he told me, oh my god, sidetrack everyone, get this!!

GET THIS!!!!!!

This is what he told me.

Apparently scientists found this single celled organism like, six miles deep or a mile deep in the ocean or something. Immediately your reaction is like, no big deal. They find stupid little single cells everywhere. Who gives a shit about a cell I poop a bajillion of those every day.

Yeah well consider that the cell was FOUR INCHES IN FUCKING DIAMETER!!!!

I was like, why isn't that national news being blared across the soundwaves?! I mean don't you agree that's the coolest thing ever??

http://www.zmescience.com/science/oceanography/biggest-single-cell-xenophyophore-24102011/



Okay, back to what I was talking about. I forget, but thank golly I'm writing, right?

Oh right. So those are the only things I really get my current issue information from (if you also forgot, see above). But I figure that these things are roughly the most reliable information sources out there. Unfortunately the fact that two of the three (John Stewart & Time Mag) are probably considered "leftist" whether or not the name-caller considers that synonymous with "logical". But the fact of the matter is John Stewart and Time really are the most accurate and logical things out there, because the shit they print is just fact. They gather information, data, and results which are foreign words to people who spew rhetoric instead.

But I'm not even talking about them. I'm talking about if you look at some of the core foundations for what Republicans and "dirty hippies" believe, you're looking at the same pile of shit and it's called anti-science, also known to the rest of the world as anti-logic, -reason, -sense, etc. Seriously though - think about it



WARNING

Generalizing about to begin

Seriously, don't get offended, but just step back and view it from a third eye. No matter what your side on the abortion debate is (and nobody cares what it is - trust me I swear to all things holy that NO one wants to hear your argument no matter WHAT side you are on) you have to admit that the pro-life side uses faith and belief as opposed to medical and scientific fact as the basis for their arguments. So there's that, and then there's the fact that a lot of Republicans running for office now (Like that chick dude....

Yup, her.

Anyway, she's all like "Yeah watch out for those big vacceeeeeenations folks!!! They're out there causing Autism and the likes!!! We American's can handle a bout of Polio, break out the muskets, the Government is shamming us into forced medication! Probably controlling our brains too!! And oh also about that double fence we should build between us and Mexico-"

Whooooa slow down lady, don't get off topic. I can't make fun of you not only because that's not my point but I also don't really know that much about you teehee...oops, I still did it anyway!! Anyway, point is, she insists the link between Autism and vaccinations is real.....

And then there's the unfortunate number of Republicans who favor creationism to be taught alongside evolution in public schools...

And what does a Republican hate more than a dirty hippie?? And vice versa?? But hippies hold fast to the same ridiculous values - like believing in any kind of non-medical, herby, 100% natural remedy while proclaiming strict opposition to medical, synthetic cures because they're "man-made". They want nothing to do with "the man" so they automatically and senselessly disprove of everything that "the man" encourages, because there's no way "the man" could ever want to help them. Or having an aversion to any and all technology without realizing that by doing so they are the ones going against nature because it's the very nature of humans to evolve and adapt and progress. We may be going in the wrong direction with technology, but the answer isn't to turn it off completely and holy shit I am wearing this sweater and it is making me nose stuffy as shit and I sneezed twice in a row and now I keep smelling MUSTARD, OF ALL THINGS.

Not even a remotely pleasant smell. I feel awful!!!

Ya, I'm one of those people today.

Okay and back to what I was saying...well, it's living proof that the opposite ends of the spectrum always fall on the same radical principles, which mainly rest on concepts such as "Avoid logic" and "Other side is always wrong - never admit defeat". 

And like, everyone should stop doing that. Don't you agree? I mean, I guess if you want to live in your own fantasy world of make believe where what you say is actually the truth just because you said it, that's your problem, but don't go around turning your rhetoric into evidence why any other way of life is absolutely inhumane and backward. Let the rest of the world stumble into logic by studying their surroundings, like the Allegory of the Cave...I think.

Something like that.




3 comments:

  1. "Like that chick dude..."
    Laughing my ass off over here.

    My friend, you are wise beyond your years. You spout truth and hilarity at every turn, I love the zig-zaggy nature of your brain-waves, and now I'm craving a mustard sweater. I can't wait to read more. Seriously...I can't wait. Write more. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Okay, so I will admit that all the information I get about the world comes from either The Daily Show, Time Magazine, or Mr. Sante's class."

    ^YES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH when I went to comment on this it had me type out that captcha thing to make sure I wasn't a robot..... and the word it had me spell was "INSEST"

    ...it's creepy enough that that's the word they came up with, but the fact that it's spelled wrong is downright disgusting.

    ReplyDelete