Monday, October 10, 2011

And so what I was thinking about the other night was this....

I guess I was thinking about the soulless do-gooders of society who participate in all sorts of...activities or clubs or community projects or whatever not because they want to help those in need or whatever, but because they have a gaping hole where a personality is supposed to fit and without it they're terrified to be alone or without a purpose, so they must busy themselves with things to do that mean something.

And I asked myself, isn't this an exact parallel to space exploration? I mean, do we really think there's something out there that we can reach (do we really just want to help out and participate) or are we simply too terrified to accept singularity and isolation and non-purposefulness (we are really just empty, empty souls).


Well look at that!!! This reminds me of when I was obsessed with having an astronomy-themed room back in 8th grade!!! Haha it legit came from like googling images of the universe and setting different sick ass pictures as my computer desktop...

Then I was like "DADDY CAN WE PLEASE MAKE MY ROOM ASTRONOMY THEMED" and he laughed in my face. He also did that when I asked if I could get a foreign exchange student!!

These laughs HURT because I could not be any more serious.

Anyway, this also prompted me to listen to Drops of Jupiter for several reasons, first and foremost being

IT'S A FAB FUCKING SONG

But also, and nearly as importantly, it is universe themed, and also and equally as importantly, I heard it today and understood the metaphor of it for the first time. So I don't know if that's thick headed of me because it's obvious or...thin headed of me because it's...not obvious, but the fact still stands.


Saved ya the trouble of looking it up!! Hint hint : hit playyyyyyy......


By the way you bum bum bumbling buffoons, why are there only 6 votes on that poll I've got in the corner? I've had more than 6 unique views since I've put that up...so cut the shit.

Vote the poll bitchasses! It's fun too - you're not even answering anything in particular, you're just answering the poll! With whatever you feel!

Okay well that's everything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment