Saturday, December 31, 2011

I'll apologize ahead of time to whoever I'll offend,

but the following argument just seemed so logical to me that I can't not share it. Because here I am listening to




(I'm sorry the formatting is going to be so messed up right now hahaha, I am clearly having one of those cursed days with the computer if you know what I mean and I think you do, because it's precisely what happened to me A YEAR AGO when I wrote MY FIRST POST EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, it's true. Happy anniversary you boogers! Anyway, moving on)






Well I'm going to ask you to please listen to that song if you plan on understanding my point in this post. Because I don't really want to ramble on and explain the song and its lyrics, that's why I provided you the link. So if you want to waste your resources and not listen, you're just going to be a floating speck of dust and boogers for the next few paragraphs with a general sense of what's going on without knowing what I'm really talking about. So just listen.

Anyway I'm gonna go back on my word right now and explain the song haha but whatever. It's basically a broken family with a poor little kid caught in the middle of it. Here's what I think people forget: adults suck. Adulthood sucks. I mean, unless you manage to find yourself in a sturdy, happy, responsible lifestyle (which, as I watch everyone around me, I find is a really hit or miss situation). But especially as young adults, you're just ... you're just getting used to what it's like to be an adult after being a kid for so long yourself.

But it's not just about age necessarily. It's about how prepared a parent is to have a child. I don't care what age you are, if you're having a baby, you should be prepared to devote the next 12 or so years to your child's life, which is around the time they'll start hating you and you can breathe again (but by then you obviously won't want to because come on, we all know parents). Not to say you can plbbbpptt out after a dozen years but what I'm saying is having a child isn't just a hobby. It's not a part time job. If you are making the decision that you want to pay for, provide for, teach, and take responsibility for a recklessly individual human being for 18 years, then you need to make sure you can devote the time, energy, money, and maturity. TEMM. METM. ETMM. Whichever helps you remember the most.

I'm not even trying to say that NO parents are doing that today because that's absolutely bogus and incorrect. It's just that there is an increasing minority of parents who do enter parenthood blindly and carelessly, and do you know who pays for that shit?

Everyone else on the fucking plannnnetttttttt people.


Did you know there are 7 billion people on the planet? Wow, that is like, a lot of people. And did you know China has that one-child-per-family rule? Okay? So first of all thank your lucky stars that you live somewhere where you even hold reproductive rights. Now, think about all the incredibly smart people it takes to uphold a society that can handle reproductive rights, and think about the incredibly useless and worthless people (sorry but those exist and if you're one of them well you're not because you're reading this blog so don't worry, you are definitely good. Unless you're of course worthless, in which case even I can't help you). Do you want to contribute to society? Do you think you can create a healthy environment where a child can grow and thrive and not just manage not to forget to breathe but actually pay society back for its weight in carbon emissions? Because if not, I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings, but I don't think you should plop out a little one to screw things up a tiny little bit more for the rest of us.

1 comment:

  1. That song wasn't half bad, in fact I'm pretty sure it was more than half good. Great topic, great post

    p.s. loved the onomatopoeia

    ReplyDelete