Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Why...what is THIS?

you ask.

It is ME my dears, and I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack
Not tryna be sexual or anything, it's just this is the only kind of back picture that doesn't look like this

Lol my apologies if you're eating lasagna. Hahahahaha God, I make myself nauseous, I'm going to have to hit return a bunch of times because I'm literally going to puke.















Thank God that hideous excuse for a "human" body part is out of my vision now. Ew.

Okay well I've got lots of things to discuss today. Namely TWO things.

A:) I was looking at myself in the mirror as I so often do and I realized that I have three colors wacky colors in the hair on my head [I'm so sorry for that catastrophe of a sentence hahahahaha I'm currently laughing so hard at it that I'm keeping it for your own good. You know what I mean though]. Aaaaand I'm going to be participating in a college interview in like two weeks! So I'm just curious if having three immediately visible unnatural colors (and a few more buried under mounds of brown) is going to have an impact on my impact on the admissions...officers? Are they officers? I don't know. Whatever they are.  I just wonder if the colors will make them go "Oh she is one of those pathetico girls who dyes her hair crazy colors because she craves attention" or "Oh she is one of those really awesome and funky girls who is awesome and should totally go to our school but secretly does crave attention" or "I'm an admissions officer (officer? is that what I am?) I don't care about shit like your hair color, especially if I'm a guy because I honest to gosh probably wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't bring it up" 

What do you think???


Ooooh suspenseful ay, folks? It's like, will anyone comment? YOU control that fate, reader, you know....YOU control whether anyone answers that faaaaaaaascinating question. Can you live up to your potential? We'll see....

Moving on....


To a more serious note....

Seriously it's gonna kinda get kinda dumpy and serious from now on. Because earlier I was watching last night's episode of The Colbert Report (<3) and they had this band from Mali called Tinariwen and it was really cool because Mr. Colbert (I feel like I should refer to him as such) was asking them questions and they had a female translator working them back into...well I have no idea what language but whatever language it is that they speak. And to be honest, I found it awesome that there was a band of non-English speaking men in traditional Arab garb being interviewed by Colbert, who took no opportunity to tone down his inflated impersonation of an idiot. 



After the awesome interview, they went to commercial and then came back and played an awesome song. So I jammed up the volume on the television. And then my mom goes to let the dog out, and she looks at the TV with
And she's all "What is this?" And I know immediately that she's being racist right now.

I...I couldn't allow her to look at this awesome, foreign sounding band and belittle them to Arab which is exactly what she was doing. Anyone in Arab garb isn't anyone but an Arab. They're not musicians, or fathers, or sisters, or business people, or college students. They're...well, you get it. So I couldn't let that shit slide so yes, I was maybe slightly if you want to get technical "dis"respectful and so I yelled over the music

"You can't make that face at a band like that! You're only doing that because of how they're dressed, Mum, how dare you! No, you're being racist right now I can't believe it!" or something to that effect ish. It's really hard to match what you said like two hours after you say it, but it was around those lines.

Anyway, as you may or may not know my mother is nearly deaf and combined with the music there's no telling how much of my rampage she heard but later on I heard her talking loudly with my dad in the basement. Originally I was so blasé about it that I didn't bother getting up from my Time Magazine (it is like succhhhh a good issue this week, not to brag that I read Time Magazine, but actually yeah, to brag that I read Time Magazine. I'm educated BITCHES). But then I got interested after it continued for a while, so I walked to the basement door to sneak a peek hearing-wise. I reached it at the ending point though, so I went back to my seat until I heard my dad yell to my mom because he had something else to say. [Please take note that when I describe yelling at my mom, it is not in a violent or aggressive manner, it is just sometimes literally the only way to get her to hear you, and it's only relevant to the story because it explains how I heard all this]

Anyway, when I made it back to the door, I heard the tail-end of a basic explanation from my dad to my mom that "Yes, there are happy and peaceful Muslims out there. They're not all evil honey."

Again, this isn't talking down to her or anything - she's just so brainwashed to the point that you have to break things down into very simple basic statements for her to understand what you're saying, and even then she's still going to scowl when she sees anyone in a turban.

I have a point at the end of all of this. My point is that I don't appreciate that widespread paranoia about the Islamic culture is still permissible. In fact, not only is it permissible, but it's not even politically incorrect!! Fucking politicians believe radical interpretations of Muslims. I don't appreciate that shit like that is even allowed to be published for the sake of people like my mom who get confused easily and are prone to believing anything evil about a race that the "Jews" "consider" an "enemy". And yeah, freedom of speech and all that shit I believe in that 100%, but I'm not sure how I feel about it if all it does is promote hate and war....






P.S. like this post? help me out and share it with your friends!


and to end on a delicious note, mmmmmmm!!!! My dinner tonight, minus everything but the fish.

4 comments:

  1. This pairs perfectly with my morning (anytime actually) coffee. So please, keep writing because it is/YOU are dynamite.

    Now on to the funky hair...
    If you walk in with head full of rainbow locks, or looking like sailor mini moon, hey they might judge you. I wouldn't. I would give you a free meal plan. HOWEVER much of that polychromasia is hidden.

    Do I get commenter points for using a dope word? Because I feel I should.

    So the admissions officer may be thinking something like this: You know...this girl is pretty smart, zealous. I hope shes not one of those kids that comes and has something about the school she needs to change....and then we have to put up with all those petitions they send us and fuck...is that purple in her hair? Purples my favorite fucking color. Did I just get a boner? Shit...this girl means business, IIII LIKE HER.


    ^^Something like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.google.com/imgres?q=energizer+bunny&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=643&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=HiL1twTkcIWe9M:&imgrefurl=http://couponkatarina.com/2011/06/request-an-energizer-coupon-booklet-via-text/&docid=Pvf1CF4wvT0p8M&imgurl=http://couponkatarina.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/energizer-bunny.jpg&w=1024&h=923&ei=WjzYTrbNDYrY0QHH0PzmDQ&zoom=1


    Wow, I didn't know it was going to be that long, or does it just look that way because the comment box is small?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope it's still kinda long, never mind about that part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're sure right about not all Muslims being evil terrorists. I just wished the media would give everyone a fair shake and cover the horrible atrocities that the Israeli Jews have been committing for the past century. Of course that will never happen. The US media, politicians and allies have there nose so far up Netanyahu's ass that they can smell out his mouth. Don't be naive and think that violence against Israel is unprovoked. There's a certain level of give or take going on there, and the Israelis are certainly doing a lot of 'giving' in the form of kidnappings, torture, civilian bombings, international sabotage (google stuxnet virus) and other forms of clandestine activity...all backed by the CIA and European coalition.

    There is a reason most of the middle east hates the west, and I can tell you right now its not because they are envious of our "freedom and democracy". Absolutely no one is innocent.

    ReplyDelete