Sunday, March 24, 2013

RANT TIME: "UBlank Crushes & Missed Connection Page"

also quick little tidbit: my internet is definitely a sentient being because well you see I'm using wireless internet as we speak and it's really unreliable. Sometimes it's fantastic and sometimes I plug right the fuck back into the wall, even though that restricts my sitting areas to like...one seat. Like can't lay in comfortable positions in bed and shit and also have to scooch my chair all closer to the wall and it is uncomfortable for my back and the resting position of my wrists and gives me carpal tunnel and is basically a pain in the ass okay? Not gonna get a longer cord right now cuz I don't feel like paying for that shit. ANYWAY.

So I was waiting for a page to load and it was taking so long I was just like, you know what, I'm gonna plug back into the wall. And guess what? Page loaded. Song fucking started playing. It was perfect. And then for the next like thirty seconds, as I clicked the various things I have to click to start a post on this blog, every time the thought popped into my head GONNA PLUG BACK IN GONNA DO IT I SWEAH it loaded!! Hmmm!! Very sneaky INTERNET.

Anyway. Thank God I titled this post relevantly because otherwise I'd have no idea what I wanted to say. So let me explain. Not gonna share my school because obviously not, but I'm sure I'm not a member of the only college with this kind of page, in fact I know I'm not. It's a "crushes and missed connections page" for anyone from the university, hence "UBlank" or "CollegeBlank" blah blah blah you know what I mean. And there have been like 3 valuable missed connections. The other 300+ have been "So and so is so pretty/attractive/goodlooking, boy do I wanna bang her/him!!!". This pisses me off for TWO VERY IMPORTANT REASONS.

1: It has existed for what maybe like 72 hours so far? And there has yet to be ONE post about the "most gorgeous girl on the entire campus who has beautiful reddish curls I wanna twirl my fingers around like she does, all the time, because she's perfect and amazing and I'm awesome also and we would be perfect together so HMU seniorita ;)" AKA, for the UNINITIATED (translation: completely idiotic) a post confessing love for ME!!!! This is silly to me for obvious reasons.


2: The thing is,,,,, if someone WERE to post something like that, I'd STILL be pissed (After staring giddily at the paragraph - because it ought to be at least that long - for 20+ mins straight) because all this shit is doing is making it easier for people to NOT be like "Agh, what a super goodlooking person, I'm gonna  maybe stop being a giant invertebrate about it and go up and say something to them" and instead they post about it on the INTERNET and hope that the stupid attractive person will be tagged by one of their friends, who will see it first and tag them in a comment and then aw look what you've accomplished ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BESIDES GIVING SOMEONE A PUBLIC AND COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS COMMENT WHICH IS RODENT SHIT COMPARED TO THE SWEET NECTAR OF A FACE-2-FACE SINCERE GENUINE COMPLIMENT. I mean especially when so many of the comments are so sweet!! I mean yeah a lot of them are like OH WHAT I WOULDN'T DO TO FUCK YOU SILLY and those I can understand being anonymous but... even then, having such an urge to fuck someone should be encouragement to say something in PERSON, not anonymously on FACEBOOK because that gets you NOWHERE. This is coming from someone who will obviously never do either one, so it is up to the other people to approach ME, and I'm just sayin people should grow SPINES!!!!! (this is my attempt at an androgynous synonym for "balls". deal with it)

For the record, I had to plug myself into the wall internet. AND MY BACK HURTS. FUCK DIS!!!

But on a side not, listening to this super lovely song :-)))

Happy Pesach tomorrow everyone!!! I am so terrified about going without bread for this week....I literally live on bagels/donuts for breakfast, veggie sandwiches for lunch and grilled cheeses for dinner. I will try my best not to die. WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT WOULD BE APPRECIATED. EVERYONE HAVE A MARVELOUS MONDAY MAÑANA!!!

1 comment:

  1. One time when I went to the teeth-cleaning service several years ago, my dentist told me that she had a friend who was so attractive that you'd think she would be getting asked out all the time - cause she was gorgeous, right? No, she said nobody ever asked her out cause she was too beautiful. They were too scared of saying anything to her cause the fear of rejection was too great cause she was just such a beauty. Besides, people who attend that school of yours like ... straight hair. 'Nuff said.

    Just keep being smart, Bee.

    ReplyDelete