Monday, December 10, 2012

Hello everyone. Did you think that I died again?

Not again as in I've already died before but again as in you thought I died last time I didn't post for a month, and I just gone went and didn't post for a whole nother month again, but I'm back now, but you thought I died didn't you?


Frankly, I did.

Or more accurately I'm on my death bed now. I have a fatally painful sore throat (if by "sore" you mean "there are tiny vikings bludgeoning my esophagus with hammers") and also, I am starting to be a baby about the cafeteria food here again, but really I can either label myself a baby or we can be honest with ourselves and I'll say I'M A HEALTHY FUCKING INDIVIDUAL WHO IS TIRED OF EATING NUTRITIONAL EQUIVALENTS OF CARDBOARD EVERY DAY EXCEPT WORSE because...well not quite worse. It's food. But...if you asked me to quickly tell you if it was food-like cardboard or cardboard-like food, I would freeze and ask you to please repeat the question.

GUYS I FINISHED MY ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE PAPERRRR ANNNNNDDDDD I MADDDEEE ITTTT TOOO SEVVVEENNNN PAGES (because if he didn't say 6 &1/2 isn't 7, then it is  7). And I did it all after planning a little shchmidge I call part of a group presentation on advertising and the LGBT community of which my part concerned magazines. *Backing up here - I'm not sure if that last bit of the sentence made sense but I'm keeping it because...because I feel like it makes sense enough, ya feel me? Enough is good enough these days. Enough should ALWAYS be good enough. Think about that.


Think about that next time you're drinking bottled water...do you think you've contributed enough plastic waste to the environment? No? No, you're right, nah you're good, keep...keep using and throwing away -- Oh wait oh you recycle oh okay everything is okay now because recycling is this magic thing that has no impact on anything and fixes everything for forever so superb! -- a minimum of one water bottle a day. Because you, as one in 7 billion, deserve to consume that much. Every day. With the knowledge that millions of people are doing the same thing.

Wow, that wasn't even what my paper was about, it was a nuclear waste facility trying to be built near a native american tribe!! You'd think it's a classic case of corporation taking advantage of vulnerable community a la environmental injustice style, but leaders of the tribe considered it a well thought out and analyzed decision since their region was already surrounded by some of the worst polluters in the entire country so there was literally no chance of any other kind of industry. And as far as hazardous industries go, the storage of nuclear waste isn't immediately spewing gases and chemicals into the airs and waters, so how truly harmful is it? WE DON'T REALLY KNOW, DO WE?


WE DON'T REALLY KNOW ANYTHING DO WE, EXCEPT NALGENES ARE THE TRUE ANSWER TO OUR BEING. Really get yourself one!! Nalgene. Not Nalgene. Heh.

PS!!!!!!!!!!!!!






TO MY LITTLE ANONYMOUS COMMENTER WHO LEFT ME THE LINK TO THE LIGHTHOUSE'S TALE....WHY DO YOU TOY WITH MY EMOTIONS SO? Don't you know how much I love that song???? Hmmm???? Don't you???? Here you go everyone, find out why I love this song so much::::





Filmed in Maine BTTTdubs.

Love you my anonymous commenter!!! keep being anonymous and mysterious and shit!! (i WILL discover the truth someday........SOMEDAY!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Ah i was wondering how long it would be before you came back! I figured you'd like/know the song and I'm glad you did. Can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And in the spirit of continuing tradition here's another song for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iKGsvi6wm0

    ReplyDelete