Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dude so like, sorry if this is you

But that has stopped me literally never and if this is you then it's actually your fault for doing such an annoying and terrible thing so....you should be the one apologizing.

Okay anyway I just can't stand all the fucking statuses I keep seeing that are like "OMG got into UMAINE with a merit scholarship :) :)" or "Got accepted to U_____(insert any state name ever)" as if these are supposed to be um....accomplishments? Okay just let me back up.


First of all, yes, getting into college is an accomplishment. For anyone. And getting the first acceptance letter feels awesome regardless of who you are. But there are certain people, myself included, who have known their entire lives that come senior year, they're going to apply to a fuck ton of colleges and likewise get accepted to a solid shit ton. It is all about applying to security schools and a few reach schools. You apply to colleges that you know you will be accepted to. I'm not talking about fucking Brandeis here or ehem WILLIAM AND FUCKING MARY, BECAUSE YOU'RE GOSH DARN FRIKEN TOOTEN I'M GONNA TOOT MY OWN HORN AT THIS POINT, BECAUSE THAT IS A SELECTIVE SCHOOL OKAY, ALSO ONE THAT JON STEWART ATTENDED SO REALLY NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. I'm talking about University of Maine.

Do you want to know something you guys? Something really shocking? Here it is: it's NOT DIFFICULT AT ALL TO BE ACCEPTED INTO A STATE SCHOOL, AND IF YOU ARE BY ANY SEMBLANCE AN INTELLIGENT PERSON, YOU LIKELY ALSO GOT SOME SORT OF SCHOLARSHIP. If you are the kid who has been in honors classes your entire life and represent the top ten percent of your class, as ALL OF THE FUCKERS I'M BITCHING ABOUT DO, then you DON'T need to tell us the random ass state schools that you decided to apply to and therefore immediately got accepted into. Literally a billion jillion kajillion other people did the exact same thing. Settle down and wait for the exciting letters in March, otherwise I'm going to start updating my status every time I cross the street on my own successfully. And for those who know me, you know that's a much bigger accomplishment than any of these twits getting accepted to state universities, so....so just stop it.










Becca rant OVER AND OUT.

1 comment:

  1. I really think you should start updating on every little "accomplishment" you make,I gotta say I didn't think anyone else found this annoying.

    ReplyDelete